Varilite 2500 Spot
Proudly built in the USA, the VARI*LITE VL2500 Spot luminaire is based on a very popular existing lighting tool – the VL2000 Spot luminaire – with additional new features that make it even more appealing.
The VL2500 Spot luminaire comes complete with all of the qualities and options designers love from the original Series 2000 fixtures. It is still small, lightweight, and fast with a 700-watt shortarc lamp, impressive lumen output, and a zoom range from 18.5° to 42°.
To add to these features, the VL2500 Spot luminaire provides three-wheel CYM color mixing. When combined with 11 standard colors on a fixed wheel, the color options are practically limitless.
Additionally, a coated glass dimmer wheel provides smooth fades, and a separate dualblade strobe system offers quiet and reliable strobe effects. The VL2500 Spot luminaire’s pan and tilt motors are now more powerful and provide more torque.
For image projection, the fixture has one gobo wheel with five rotatable and indexable positions and a second gobo wheel with 11 fixed positions.
The VL2500 Spot luminaire contains everything that really matters to designers – limitless color options, clarity of optics, exceptional zoom range, fast, smooth movement and powerful output.
The VL2500 Spot luminaire can be controlled from virtually any DMX512 console or DMX output device.
- A three-filter CYM cross-fading mechanism. A fixed color wheel with 11 interchangeable color filters and one open space capable of continuous rotation for additional effects.
- Continuously variable field angle from 18.5° to 42°, programmable over a timed range of 2 seconds to 20 minutes.
- In addition to the zoom optics, a mechanical iris provides continuous beam size control for both rapid changes and smooth timed beam angle changes.
- A coated glass dimmer wheel provides full field dimming designed for smooth timed fades.
- A high-performance dual blade strobe system capable of ultra-fast operation
- One rotating gobo wheel with five rotatable, indexable gobo positions and one open position. One fixed gobo wheel with 11 easily loaded patterns and one open position capable of continuous rotation for additional effects
- Variable beam focus to soften edges of gobos or spots.
- Smooth, time-controlled continuous motion by way of three-phase stepper motor systems.
- Pan – 540°, Tilt – 270°.
- 0.3° resolution.
- 700W Short Arc Lamp Color Temperature: 5600K CRI: 80
- 14,500 lumens.
- Standard AC power distribution from 90– 264 VAC, 50/60 HZ. The unit requires 4 to 12 A depending on the AC supply voltage.
- Precision glass reflector system with dichroic cold mirror coating.
- -20° to 122°F (-29° to 50°C). Note: Derate to 113°F (45°C) for operation below 100 VAC.
- Forced air cooling.
- Completely compatible with a wide variety of DMX512 consoles.
- DMX Channels: 22
- The VL2500 Spot luminaire can be mounted and operated in any orientation.
- Hangs on 19 in. (48.3 cm) centers.
- 59.2 lbs (26.9 kg).